[thelist] Navigating the DOM

Noah St.Amand noah at tookish.net
Mon Apr 4 12:01:20 CDT 2005

Thanks everyone for your help, it's working now. I tried cssquery() and
had it working, but it was a little slow (the popups flickered a little
the first time they appeared). Thanks to everyone's advice I was able to
write a tailored solution using getElementByTagName that runs a little
faster.

Having said that, cssquery and/or getElementsBySelector will come in
handy in the future.

Thanks too for the book recommendations.

<tip type="GIMP on OS X" source="http://www.macgimp.org/index.php?page=4">
The default X11 configuration in OS X is such that in order to move
between paletts you need to click twice. So, for example, when you're
working on an image, and you want to change tools, you need to click
once on the tools palett, then again on the tool. This can be very
annoying, particularly if you're used to Photoshop.

To change this behaviour, you can set X11 to have the focus follow the
mouse in X11. In Terminal.app:

defaults write com.apple.x11 wm_ffm true
</tip>

Cheers,
Noah