[thelist] Avoid Page Break

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 23:36:40 CDT 2005

I have to rush to work. I didn't have time to look at the original
page-break issue sorry. just a quote:

>but in real life, the table is necessary and
>has more than one collumn and the collumns of the two boxes must line up,
>that's why I must use one table.

I don't agree. there are seveal 3-column, 4-column css layouts around.
Besides, adjusting (absolutely positioned divs' ) heights with DHTML
is always an alternative option (provided that javascript is enabled
on client's machine, which has to be enabled none the less in most
practical situations)

imho, the table (other than data-grid-like tables) is not that
necessary in design (if your target browser spectrum includes NN4
that's another story). I'll not dive into details, there is a recent
and decent thread on the issue discussing why people prefer to use
table-layouts in real life.

cheers.
Volkan.