[thelist] .NET CLR

Chris Hardy lists at semioticpixels.com
Wed Apr 6 12:49:25 CDT 2005

Chris,
what are you upgrading from?

So, in other words, .NET is not installed?

If you're not currently running any applications on .NET then installing
.NET to the server shouldn't interrupt anything. If you're upgrading IIS,
that's another issue.  You configure IIS to run asp and asp.net side by side
and if you've got IIS 6, you should look into application pooling.

If you are indeed upgrading .NET from 1.0 to 1.1, I believe that the
majority of changes had to do with VS.NET integration. I'm sure Ken will
correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Ideally, you would do this on a test server first though before implementing
on a live server.

- Chris