[thelist] expand / collapse divs

Christian Heilmann lists at onlinetools.org
Wed Apr 6 16:58:07 CDT 2005

Mark Joslyn wrote:

><snip>
>How do you define "available height" is the question. If that is a fixed
>size, then it is easy, if not, good luck.
></snip>
>
>Available height would be a dynamic number - essentially it would be from
>the bottom of one DIV to the bottom of the html BODY.
>
>markJ

Well given all the 100% height issues with CSS, you may be in for some
fun. Once that is done however, it is simply a matter of checking how
many of the sections are open or closed and set their height accordingly.

When one is closed, all the others get a height of 50%. If two are
closed, the remaining one gets a height of 100%. You  can define the
collapsed height  in percentages, then you need to substract those...

I don't see a safe way to do that though. It is tough enough trying to
position a footer...