[thelist] Creating a New directory using FP Or DW Help me

David McCreath mccreath at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 13:46:14 CDT 2005

On Apr 10, 2005 6:09 AM, Niceperrson at aol.com <Niceperrson at aol.com> wrote:
> What is a directory and How do you create a directory using frontpage or
> dreamwaver or just notepad. Please get back to me

A directory is a folder. The word "directory" is usually used in
reference to a server, rather than your own machine, so I'm going to
assume that's what you're talking about.

I don't know enough about FrontPage to know if you can create a
directory on the remote server from within that program, but to do it
in Dreamweaver, go to your "Files" panel, set the view to "Remote
View" and right-click or control-click. You'll get a contextual menu
and one of the items in that menu is "New Folder". Select that, and
the new folder/directory will be created.

You might find it helpful to go through the Dreamweaver tutorial and
Help Files. They're both really quite good and might give you a better
understanding of what you're trying to do.

David