[thelist] Contribute editable regions without using templates?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Apr 13 20:39:33 CDT 2005

Ross DeMeyere wrote:

>>   <!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="whatever" -->
>>   <!-- TemplateEndEditable -->

> ....  And, when I put this into my page using a text editor, I
> could edit the entire page in Contribute. But it gave me an idea. I
> created a nothing template in DreamWeaver with one editable area and
> created a page from it. It turns out that the tags (in comment form)
> are a bit different in final application...

? Interesting -- what version of Contribute are you using?

I ask because:

1) the two comments above worked fine for me totally on their own,
    as far as I could tell -- using the test download of Contribute
    from ~two, three months ago -- and from the customer's feedback.

2) there seems to be a serious dearth of documentation on "building
    a Contribute-enabled site for non-DreamWeaver developers" :-)

You'd be doing A Great Service To Humankind by writing this up and
posting it somewhere (*cough*evolt.org*cough*) as an article...

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.