[thelist] Macromedia and Adobe, sitting in a tree

RUST Randal RRust at COVANSYS.com
Mon Apr 18 12:10:46 CDT 2005

Adrian Simmons wrote:

> I still don't quite get this though, ok, Avalon/XAML vs Flash
> for web application interfaces, but apart from that how does
> Avalon present a challenge to Adobe/Macromedia?

Look beyond Flash. Flex is also an XML-based development platform. This
is about development platforms, not web design graphics.

We had a group from Adobe give us a presentation about three months ago
on Adobe Document Services. Essentially, they are trying to make PDF a
development platform, just like MM is doing with Flash and Flex. I know
this because I asked them if that's what they were doing and they said
yes.