[thelist] Gotta build an FTP function

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Apr 19 15:10:29 CDT 2005

Chris Kavanagh wrote:
> My client would like his website to have an FTP function, so his clients
> and suppliers can upload files into directories on his webserver, and
> perhaps manage them while they're up there.
> I was thinking of building it myself in ColdFusion, but I'm a lazy son
> of a b***h

Not sure if you require a CF solution, but there are a number of
java-based FTP client/server solutions, so you can get a cross-browser
client as well as the server side.  JSFTP is one that I've heard about,
Google gives many others.
http://www.somethingjava.com/
http://www.google.com/search?q=java+ftp

$0.02.