[thelist] hiding a URL via a frameset

charles stuart javascript at enure.net
Tue Apr 19 19:44:16 CDT 2005

Hi Folks,

I have an online application I'm building for a non-profit. The
non-profit has a website, but no MySQL. So, I'm hosting the online
application on my server, and using a frameset on their website to have
it appear as if the application is on their site.

But, it's not working reliably. Sometimes the next pages will load upon
submitting the previous page, sometimes not. However, if one clicks on
the empty page, the page then appears. So, it appears the page loads,
but it just doesn't display properly. I'm using Safari, but I'm having
the same troubles in IE for Windows.

My frameset points to a online application built with PHP and MySQL.
Each page calls 1 global JS file and 2 CSS files.

My frameset code is:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN"
   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">

<head>
<title>Page Ahead Children's Literacy Program | Partner Site
Application</title>
</head>

<frameset rows="100%">
   <frame src="http://myserver.com/app/" />