[thelist] Re: hiding a URL via a frameset

Jason Sweeney jason at designshift.com
Wed Apr 20 09:20:32 CDT 2005

Rather than hosting the whole application on your site, why not just
connect to the database remotely from their site -- mysql_connect can
connect to a remote database server just as well as a local one. (You
may have to set up the mysql server to allow connections from that
site.) Then, you can happily ditch that frameset and just have the
application on their page.

You will need to tighten the security if accessing a remote server.
Here's a random helpful link:

http://www.browardphp.com/phpmysql/securingmysql/tunneling_mysql_over_ssh_200503269.html

HTH,
Jason Sweeney