[thelist] HTML embeded in database MySQL/PHP

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 10:29:18 CDT 2005

> >>I have to ask - why would storing HTML in a database be a bad idea?
> >>Isn't that what most content management systems do?
> >Bad ones, yes.
> >
> That's a little generalised. Presentational HTML, sure.... but I don't
> see why a fragment such as

> book</cite> to lend authority.</p>
>
> should not reside within the CMS. It is after all, content, semantic.

You just need to ensure that it is valid and the correct elements, and
that is hard to do with a WYSIWYG interface. Agreed though, if it is
correct that is fine, but it is a lot cleaner to actually only store
the textual data.That would make it easier to create other output
formats like PDF.

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com