[thelist] Front Page Server Extensions

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu Apr 21 06:47:02 CDT 2005

Hi Ken,

The one that comes with Server 2003... FPSE 2002.  The problem seems to be
some sort of permissions issue.  I created the accounts and users in the
FPSE admin, and associated them with the roles.  Yet, when I try to upload a
web through FP, it is able to make at least one of the folders, but bombs
before any files are written, saying that I don't have permission to write
the files.

The permissions for FP seem a tad atypical, so this is driving me nuts.  On
the root folder of the website, the Windows Groups that equate to the roles
only have "list" capabilities.  When you dig into the individual files,
though, I see all sorts of special rights for the various roles.  So, I'm
assuming that FPSE assigns rights to individual files as they are uploaded
and acts as a proxy for all transactions, using its own rights to manage
files.

Thanks!

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer