[thelist] Someone stole my email address

Mark Groen markgroen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 10:43:25 CDT 2005

> >http://spf.pobox.com
>
> SPF, is just another useless trick to fight spam.
>
> In plain, this DON'T work to fight spam.
>
> Spammers gang are the first to use SPF and register their domain
with
> SPF.
>
> As your problem, when someone borrow and not stole your email, for
> spamming purpose, your best deal is to find the spammer and have a
> viril conversation with him.
>
> Look, on the returning email, and took a look at the advertised
sites
> included in the body.

thanks for the input, the email headers do show the suspect mail in
my case coming from a relay with a Brazil TLD and it wouldn't fool
anyone that knew where to look. I have spent some time answering
emails from clients about the same thing though, so it is costing me
some time, enough to add the reply to my boiler plate collection of
replies for them. If this SPF schema helps, it's worth at least
investigating and hearing some other replies as to it's
effectiveness.

cheers,

       Mark