[thelist] Capturing Anonymous Emails

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 10:47:47 CDT 2005

On 4/21/05, Rob Smith <rob.smith at thermon.com> wrote:
> Ok.
>
> One of my colleagues claims on his soul that he visited a website one day
> and then started receiving email messages from that company's website.
> Here's the catch... he didn't enter his email address anywhere on that
> website.
>
> How in the heck is that possible?

It isn't. So either you friend did enter his email address somewhere
on that site or an associated website or he has a very nasty little
piece of adware/spyware on his computer that captured his email
address and told it to the website. I suspect it is the former.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd