[thelist] Submitting Frequency

raskenbo raskenbo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 09:43:01 CDT 2005

On 4/22/05, Rob Smith <rob.smith at thermon.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how often your site should be submitted to the search
> engines? Or when your site is in, do the search engines set up a schedule
> and periodically revisit your site for an update?
>
> Rob Smith

Although you don't need to submit your site to search engines, you do
need to submit them to directories such as Yahoo! and Open Directory
(dmoz). Be sure to read directory FAQs before submitting a site in
order to avoid future frustration.

I'm assuming that you're trying to make a site more "findable", in
which case I offer the following...

Christian mentioned Search Engine Watch which is a great resource for
this type of information. I'd also recommend the following:

http://www.highrankings.com/  (articles and very busy user forum)
http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools (free tools - good for smaller sites)
http://www.wordtracker.com/ (keyword tool - not free)

Best