[thelist] PHP editor

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Fri Apr 22 10:41:57 CDT 2005

Brian Delaney scribeva in 2005-04-22 13:53:
> I am making the jump from asp.net to developing in php on linux.
> What editor is recommended for coding? textpad?

http://www.jedit.org/

Some of it's features:

* Written in Java, so it runs on Mac OS X, OS/2, Unix, VMS and Windows.
* Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture. Dozens of
macros and plugins available.
* Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 130 languages.
* Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
* Highly configurable and customizable.

Plugins I use include Code Browser, which gives tree view of the code
and PHP parser, which conveniently points out my syntax errors.

It took me some time to configure to my liking, but now I couldn't live
without it.

.k