[thelist] Web Biz

Mark Groen markgroen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 19:45:43 CDT 2005

> Of this web work, are there any of you that are being approached
about
> setting up blogs(weblogs) for clients?

I've set up Textpattern as a blog/notebook for a doctor to add his
notes to, and have them available online. Also have used it as a CMS
(it doesn't look like a blog anymore!) for our Chamber of Commerce
site.

They both wanted to be able to publish articles instantly and knowing
the complexities of a CMS, I had no desire to spend a couple years
writing the code for one, much easier to customize an open source app
with a backend simple enough for anyone to use.

Much of the blog software out there does the same thing in the eyes
of a client, they don't see the differences between something like
Wordpad, Moveable Type and Textpattern until you explain it.

cheers,

       Mark