[thelist] problems transferring file(s) to server via FTP

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 11:28:31 CDT 2005

Bruce Gilbert wrote:

>In DWMX2004 under manage sights/testing server, I can successfully
>connect to the server, however, when I try to transfer files via ftp
>to the server, I receive an error saying 'access denied - The file may
>not exist or there is a permission problem' . I also tried
>transferring with WS_FTP and could not do that either. I checked with
>the person who originally set up the FTP access (our IT manager) and
>he said he hasn't changed anything. I was originally able to ftp right
>after I was set up, but haven't been able to since then.

Why are you using testing server? Are you working on dynamic pages such
as ASP or PHP? If not, you should probably be using Remote Site instead.

When is the error appearing? What command in DW are you using to upload
the files? Testing Server is only used for live previews of dynamic pages.

Have you tried doing the FTP setup under Manage Sites > Remote Site?

Cheers

Ian