[thelist] asp/vbscript array problems

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Mon May 2 10:37:03 CDT 2005

Hi all-

Trying to insert an incremented value into an array and write it to an
Access 2000 DB and I keep getting "Data Type Mismatch" errors as a result.
Below is the array code:

Dim finalDateID
finalDateID = CInt(request.form("maxDateID"))
 For intComFinal = LBound(seventDate)+1 To UBound(seventDate)
 finalDateID = finalDateID + 1
  editTable4(intComFinal) = "tbl_committeeDocs"
  fieldsStr4(intComFinal) = (finalDateID) & "|" & (finalDateID) &
"|agendaActive" & (intComFinal) & "|value|minutesActive" & (intComFinal) &
"|value|committeeCode|value"
  columnsStr4(intComFinal) =
"dateID|',none,''|agendaActive|none,1,0,'|minutesActive|none,1,0,'|committee
Code|',none,NULL"

Etc.

Basically, its an events calendar that can have multiple dates assigned to
an event. For each date for a particular event there can be Agendas and
Minutes assigned to it. Because there are multiple dates for events, I have
to grab the last dateID from the eventDates table so that I can increment it
by 1 for each event date and write it to the committeeDocs table to create
the relation between the two tables.

the dateID field in the tbl_committeeDocs table has a datatype of number
(long integer) set for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ron