[thelist] hsql

dwain at alforddesigngroup.com dwain at alforddesigngroup.com
Wed May 4 01:47:18 CDT 2005

Ken Schaefer wrote:

> I'm not sure why you think it's a "rendering engine", because it's not. I
> don't see how it could be better or worse than any other rendering engine,
> because you can't compare the two. If you meant a "database engine", then I
> doubt it would provide anything above or beyond what a traditional RDBMS
> provides in the database space. Certainly, I feel it would be difficult to
> build anything that will scale using XML as a storage format.

rendering engine was used for lack of a better term.  as i move in the
direction of web development i find that database knowledge is something
that i need to acquire.  please bear with me and my sub-novice
questions.  will you elaborate some on the disadvantages of xml as a
storage format and ... what does scaling mean?

thanks for your reply.  i hope to learn more about databases in the
coming months.  books to read?  tutorials to work?  programs to look at?
  please share your thoughts.

dwain

--
Dwain Alford
http://www.alforddesigngroup.com

web hosting: http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=7653741

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=1/

"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."
Wassily Kandinsky, "Concerning The Spiritual In Art"

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
Tested on: 5/4/2005 1:47:19 AM