[thelist] [JS] Safari 1.0.3 on OSX 10.2.x and JS

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed May 4 19:20:17 CDT 2005

Hi listees,

I'm attempting to use JS to change the action attribute of the form through
JS.  Works perfectly in IE using this format:

<input type="submit" onclick="this.form.attributes.action.value =
'newpage.html'">

This doesn't seem to make any change to the form's action in Safari and the
form submits to the original value of the action attribute.

I don't need any lectures about the accessibility issues involved... I'm
just wondering why this code fails in Safari.  I've googled the heck out of
this and came up short.

Also, the js "var d = new Date()" doesn't seem to return a date object for
the current date and time, but rather an object specifying December 31,
1969.  Any ideas on this either?  It seems as if a lot of calendar popup
implementation fail to default to today's date because of this bug.

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/