[thelist] CSS cached on Win2K

Michele Foster (WizarDev) michele at wizardev.ca
Thu May 5 10:58:48 CDT 2005

Hi ..

I have a client that runs their web site on their own inhouse Win2K server.
We've always had a problem with the CSS being cached for about 24 hours.  I
know from the past, that eventually the new CSS file shows up, the next day.

I just sent them an updated CSS file, and they need to make the new files I
did live today.  However, the new CSS isn't showing up yet, so my new forms
look like crap. ;)  It affects all browsers, even when I've never been to
that site with one, so it should be grabbing the new file right away, but it
doesn't.

Can anyone tell me how they can stop the CSS from being cached on the
server, so that the new version takes over right away?  (Detailed
instructions would be most useful, as I'm not a server administrator.)

TIA,
Michele