[thelist] OT -deleting dupLicates in excel document

Getafixx getafixx at getafixx.com
Thu May 5 11:53:59 CDT 2005

I think people are gong about this the wrong way.

download editplus [1]

copy lilst of email addresses (or just copy the column)

paste into editplus

choose tools-> sort, and select your options, making sure you tick
remove duplicates

[1] http://www.editplus.com

I hope this helps.

Justin

Brian Cummiskey wrote:
> Bruce Gilbert wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> this may be a bit off topic, but I'm in a bind.
>>
>> I have an excel document full of company email addresses, that I need
>> to send a mass emailing out to. Problem is the filtering of the
>> database gave me a document with MULTIPLE email addresses for many
>> people. Is there a relatively quick way to get rid of the duplicates
>> in excel without doing in manually? We're talking about 6,000 names
>> here.
>>
>> thanks in advance!
>

> do you have access to a sql database?
>
> if so, just import it into a temp DB table.
> then, run
> select distinct email_address from tablename
>
> copy paste that list.
>
> shouldn't take more than 2 min :)

Justin / Getafixx                                07967 638 529
mailto:qwerty1 at getafixx.com

http://getafixx.com
http://getafixxhosting.com for really cheap web hosting