[thelist] anyone have a download manager? ASAP

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Thu May 5 12:58:14 CDT 2005

I need to whip something up real quick, simple, and bare-bones.

The Problem:

I have a recording server in a remote location which stores wav files of
the recordings.  The client has requested 25 random calls for QA review.

My M$SQL Database stores the URL to said call in windows network
shortcut manner.  (\\sever\share\file.wav)

The only real way to go through and collect these 25 calls, is to open
them up one at a time with media player.  once it starts to play, i can
stop it, and save-as to my local drive.

This is very tedious.

so basically what i need is something that will allow me to go to
download.asp?file=path.wav, set the mime type/headers to pop the
save-as/open dialog box so i can save it to my local system nice and
easy.  Basically, i'll make the link generate in my sql pull out to a
barebones html page for me to click on 25 times :)
the random pull has already been taken care of...

anyone have anything made up for this already?  a 20 line script?

i can run php, asp, c#, vb.net, or javascript.

need help ASAP, so please respond back to me directly as well (as
sometimes the list takes a while to process mails)

Thanks in advace!

-Brian