[thelist] CSS cached on Win2K

Edwin Martin edwin at bitstorm.org
Fri May 6 03:55:11 CDT 2005

Michele Foster (WizarDev) wrote:

> I have a client that runs their web site on their own inhouse Win2K server.
> We've always had a problem with the CSS being cached for about 24 hours.  I
> know from the past, that eventually the new CSS file shows up, the next day.
>
> [...]
>
> Can anyone tell me how they can stop the CSS from being cached on the
> server, so that the new version takes over right away?  (Detailed
> instructions would be most useful, as I'm not a server administrator.)

Often, it is enough to do a forced reload.

Open the page and type ctrl-F5 (or shift-F5, depending on
the browser you use).

If that doesn't work, it might help if you open the CSS file
in your browser (so you see the CSS code) and then type
ctrl-F5 or shift-F5.

If that doesn't work, you can suggest the system operators
should reconfigure their proxy/firewall.

Edwin Martin

--
http://www.bitstorm.org/edwin/en/