[thelist] a couple of quick questions regarding web page size/CSS

Jono ox4dboy at comcast.net
Fri May 6 11:07:38 CDT 2005

On May 6, 2005, at 11:15 AM, BJ wrote:

> "2) What is the *optimal* size for a web page (quick loading)."

After Googling a bit, I found that a page that is 100K in size will
take roughly 14 seconds to load, 50k will take roughly 7 seconds over a
56k dial-up internet connection.  That's assuming that the user is
actually getting the full 56k, which is not likely.  I have not used
dial up in a bout 7 years, but I remember being ecstatic if I got above
40k when connecting with dial-up.