[thelist] How Do ASP.NET Web Controls Work?

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Sat May 7 01:41:56 CDT 2005

Hello Everyone:

   I'm starting to give ASP.NET another look since the Web Developer
2005 IDE came out from Microsoft.  I'm curious about these ASP.NET web
controls. How do they work? Their response time is very snappy (almost
as if they were client side applications).

   I was browsing the asp.net website and found ads for companies that
develop impressive UI controls for ASP.NET.  I tried out a few demos,
and was impressed with the response time and general usability of the
controls.

   So, how do they work? Is there any competing technology from say
Java? Anything that compares in functionality to them?

Thanks for any information,
Burhan