[thelist] opinions on CMS solutions

Adrian-Bogdan Andreias adi.andreias at gmail.com
Sat May 7 04:12:46 CDT 2005

What web server are you running on the Windows machine? And more important
can you run php, I mean do you have the php module if IIS?

Below recommendations are based on PHP.

XHTML valid and syndication - WordPress, see the site in signature; it's all
made with WordPress and a few plug-ins (not XHTML valid for the moment due
to some code in the banner code, will change that somehow). But WordPress
it's a pretty simple and lightweight Blogging system, not quite a CMS, but
he does its job well. Since you are interested in syndication automatic
pinging of services like my yahoo, technorati, my msn etc etc would interest
you. It has this feature.

I'd second the opinion on drupal. It's a goof CMS.

Also if are looking for a heavy, enterprise level CMS, take a look at typo3.
It's complex, well documented and has the precision of the Germans ;-).

Or are you looking for ASP/ASP.NET CMS?

--
Adi - http://www.designtutorials.info