[thelist] MySQL display on web w/ PHP

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Mon May 9 13:06:51 CDT 2005

Ken Moore wrote:
> When Jones’ page opens up, I need his order number and date of order to
> appear on the screen in a table format. I keep getting syntax errors
> with this.

Can you give a little more detail?  What does your code look like right
now?  Are you getting PHP syntax errors or MySQL syntax errors?

Anyway, Google is your friend.  If you're not finding what you want
there, try Safari Bookshelf[0].  Scads of MySQL/PHP books online there,
e.g. "Teach Yourself PHP and MySQL In 13 Seconds" and the like, any of
which will get you going quickly.  Also, you might look at PEAR DB,
which makes things even easier[1].  David Sklar's PHP Cookbook has some
good usage examples for PEAR DB (you can buy it or read it online at
Safari).

[0] http://mandrake.safaribooksonline.com/
[1] http://pear.php.net/package/DB

--