[thelist] still images to a movie in flash

Jono ox4dboy at comcast.net
Mon May 9 15:31:28 CDT 2005

On May 9, 2005, at 12:57 PM, Dan McCullough wrote:

> Doing about a 3 minute "inspirational" movie, mostly with still images
> and music...
>
> Does anyone have other software suggestions?...
> This will be shown in an auditorium so does anyone have gotchas or
> comments about using Flash for presenting in a large room, knowing
> that most of the display will be about the projection equiptment, but
> is there a good resolution to create the movie in, or canvas size?
> Any other thoughts or comments?
> --

Are you by any chance using  a Mac? If so, I'd just use iMovie.  IT is
easy to get the hang of, and handles photos, music, and movies
extremely well.  The interface is very intuitive.  If not a Mac, then
you'll most likely want to go with Flash, which can be a real hassle to
a new user.

As for size, if you are using a projector, it will just project what
ever size you choose in your document onto the screen/wall.  I
generally like to go with a wide format, sorta' like a wide-formatted
DVD - 4:3 or 16:9 I think it is?  IT's been a while.