[thelist] Print job not going quite right

Dave Williamson dw at ainscough.net
Sat May 14 10:34:35 CDT 2005

Hi Justin

I've just had a similar situation occur at work this week. I'm in the
fortunate position of not being up against a deadline so have refused to pay
the printer's invoice until the job has been corrected.

It's unfortunate that you've had to accept the job because of your
deadlines. I'd give the printers an opportunity to put things right say by,
if it's appropriate, making corrections or reprinting or by giving you a
reduction. If they don't, I'd tell them I was withholding part of their
final invoice. Not having penalty clauses shouldn't matter as you should
have a right to work of an acceptable standard.

Have you said anything to the client about the job? If you haven't, have you
consider telling them about the problem before they find out for themselves?
Being honest and upfront is likely to help you keep them

Dave