[thelist] Illegal domain name on an intranet?

Dominick Cancilla cancilla.d at mellon.com
Wed May 18 11:23:56 CDT 2005

I don't run a server so I haven't a clue about this, but is it possible to
set up an intranet so that it will serve a domain with an illegal domain
name? For example, x.net? I assume the answer is no, but I hope to find out
I'm wrong.

I'm asking because I'm a communications consultant and we have a client who
would like to run an in-company benefits program using an extremely short
domain name and it would be cool if we could get around the
three-letter-prefix barrier.

Thanks much!

--Dominick

If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.(17b)