[thelist] speech plugin..

Chris Hayes chris at lwcdial.net
Wed May 18 18:11:09 CDT 2005

Hi Jeroen

This is a very big design project to get to work effectively.  If you've
designed a very accessible site you've done as much as you realistcally can
and it's best to leave the speech to the user's own preference.

Why speech?  If it's for poorly sighted users they're going to need a lot
more than text-to-speech to be able to use the site.  If they cannot read
well you're going to have be very clever with your design

This is tough enough in Enlgish.  Dutch?  Good luck. I can't even find a
decent (any) translator to English.  The problem is you dutch folk are far
too fluent in English, there's no great need to develop anything in Dutch.
No offence.  It will happen sometime but the need has to be there.