[thelist] two different version of java, same server

Dan McCullough dan.mccullough at gmail.com
Thu May 19 14:51:07 CDT 2005

I am testing one version of a Tomcat site on java 1.5 and another
version is used for development, so I can move the two version off the
server.

When tomcat 5.5 starts up it still wants to pull java 1.4 instead of
the java 1.5, now I have specificed in catalina.sh and in /etc/profile
that there is a JAVA_HOME5 for the newer version of Java and a
CATALINA55_HOME for the newer version of Tomcat

profile exports JAVA_HOME5 and CATALINA55_HOME

and catalina.sh use JAVA_HOME5 and CATALINA55_HOME instead of the default.