[thelist] Looking for simple way to get JS statistics from my visitors.

barophobia barophobia at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:20:07 CDT 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to find out what percentage of my users browse with JS
enabled or disabled.

Here is an idea I had.

I would put a script (what kind and how it would work I don't know) on
a page that people browse to a lot (maybe the homepage duh! :) ) that
would do a GET request to another page that would increment a counter.

For all visitors with browsers that have JS enabled the counter would
be incremented each time they hit that page. Conversely, for visitors
with JS disabled (or not available at all) the counter would not be
incremented.

At the end of the month/week/day I would take the number of JS hits
from that page and divide it by the total number of hits for that
page.

This should give me a relatively "close" percentage. I think.

Comments? Suggestions? Code snippets (this is the part I'm most unsure about)?

Thank you,
Chris.