[thelist] Looking for simple way to get JS statistics from myvisitors.

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 19:04:14 CDT 2005

> > I'm trying to find out what percentage of my users browse with JS
> > enabled or disabled.
> >
> > Here is an idea I had.
>
> Chris.,
>
> Here's another thought for you.  Let's say that you had a particular section
> of the site that REQUIRED JavaScript for one reason or another.  You could
> immediately detect the presence of JS by sending them to a page with a meta
> redirect of 1 second and an immediate javascript redirect to the actual page
> of the section.

Don't know why you tell me that, I didn't ask the question in the beginning...

A better option that I used in the past is to write a message stating
that Javascript is needed on the page and replace that message with a
link to the section via DOM. This makes sure the user is still in
charge, as you _can_ stop automatic redirects via JavaScript  and Meta
redirects from happening. This technique also ensures that you have a
proper DOM supporting browser and not NS3.x :-)

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com