[thelist] Looking for simple way to get JS statistics frommyvisitors.

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu May 19 19:16:58 CDT 2005

Because I'm random, and often times idle thoughts help more than they hurt.
:-)

> A better option that I used in the past is to write a message stating
> that Javascript is needed on the page and replace that message with a
> link to the section via DOM. This makes sure the user is still in
> charge, as you _can_ stop automatic redirects via JavaScript  and Meta
> redirects from happening. This technique also ensures that you have a
> proper DOM supporting browser and not NS3.x :-)

As far as I can see, it's six one half dozen the other.  And, which browser
is considered "proper DOM supporting"-AFAIK all browsers have some sort of
failure in the DOM department.  (j/k... that was a playful jab, so don't
bite back)  :-)

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/