[thelist] Chicken cam, UK

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri May 20 05:48:04 CDT 2005

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> OK, just for fun, help me work out whether this is possible.
>
> I'm in the UK. My dad has just set up a chicken coop on his allotment.
> We're about to go on a narrowboat holiday, and he's worried about
> them.
>
> Is it possible, affordable even, to set up a webcam so we can check on
> the chickens.

As much fun as it sounds, perhaps you're over-engineering the solution?
What's wrong with asking a friend to check on them every day or two? :)

However, bear this in mind, as you'll likely want to use GPRS to transfer
webcam data ...

http://chris.raettig.org/email/jnl00095.html

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | "There's something about records which is
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |  really satisfying."