[thelist] Chicken cam, UK

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Fri May 20 06:51:27 CDT 2005

john at johnallsopp.co.uk scribeva in 2005-05-20 09:58:
> Do I need the 'web' part in the middle .. is it possible to use a
> cameraphone as a remote camera, and just switch it on as required.

I was about to write that as the chickens hardly would answer any
incoming calls, you need to use the internet to connect these two points.

But then on a second thought, there probably exists mobile phones with
a) video calls, and b) automatic answering. You just stick one of such
phones in the allotment, and when you make a call to it, it answeres and
starts video call automatically. Once you are assured that the chickens
are doing fine, just hang up.

I haven't tested this one myself - my mobile is very old, and I have no
chickens - but it might work.

.k