[thelist] Looking for simple way to get JS statistics from my visitors.

barophobia barophobia at gmail.com
Fri May 20 12:37:39 CDT 2005

2005/5/20, Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>:
>      1. That hit count can be equated to number of users, or even
>         correlated to number of users (it can't).

This I agree with and understand. However, I don't have a more
accurate way of determining JS use among my visitors at this time. Or
maybe you have a suggestion that I'm not aware of?

>      2. That it's acceptable practice to ignore Javascript disabled
>         browsers (it's not).

This is a matter of opinion.

Thank you for your input but I have been involved in many discussions
on accessibility. But it's my opinion that a website creator/owner
should be able to pick and choose which audience they want to cater to
and which audience they want to leave hanging.

If 95% of my users surf without JS and I choose to support only users
that surf with JS enabled that's my choice. And if my business fails
as a result, I've got no one else to blame but myself. I don't need
anyone protecting me from myself.

If you (or anyone) would like to continue this discussion please send
me an email off list.

Chris.