[thelist] PHP output in PDF. Possible?

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Mon May 23 04:28:00 CDT 2005

Murat Tutumlu scribeva in 2005-05-23 08:31:
> I found some PHP scripts which converts Mysql tables
> to PDF document, HTML codes to PDF document but not
> PHP output to PDF.
> I don't know.. maybe my way of thinking is wrong..

Maybe... HTML and PDF are document formats. PHP is not a document
format, but a scripting language, which can output any formats.

 > I checked FPDF PDFLib and some others before.
 > If I'm not wrong they are some PHP libraries to
 > prepare PDF document.

Yes, i.e. they do exactly what you want to do. You have some data, which
you want to present to your users. You use PHP to organize the data in
one format or another. If you want to use PDF format, then yes, you
"prepare PDF document". You can use HTML too, together with CSS, and...

> (I cannot use browsers print option because there is no page break
> etc..)

... there actually are page breaks: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/page.html
CSS can be used with paged media too, not just screen.

.k