[thelist] iFrames to div style="overflow:auto; width:100px;he ight:100px"

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Wed May 25 11:21:34 CDT 2005

Why not drop the frames all together and go with <div style="overflow:auto;
width:100px;height:100px">type =rand(200,99) in MS Word</div>

That way everything is on the same page and it can still look like a whole
bunch of scroll bars.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Drew Shiel [mailto:ashiel at sportsinteraction.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 8:17 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] Frames to iFrames

Hi folks;

We currently have a site here that makes heavy use of frames. The main
point of this is to speed the loading of two areas of the main pages, which
have to reload frequently, even as the rest of the site remains static.

We're looking into moving from using frames for this to using iframes.
Apart from the fact that we'll have to Do Something to allow for old
browsers, are there any other major pitfalls we may encounter?

And if anyone has any neat tricks to allow for the old browsers, it'd be
great to hear them, of course.

Drew.

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/