[thelist] dissapearing fieldset

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Wed May 25 12:23:47 CDT 2005

Daniel Szabolcs wrote:
> I have a page that contains a CSS faux-iframe (little more than a few
> divs with a bit of overflow juggling).

It's a faux-frame, so why does the page have a frameset DOCTYPE?

> Within it, I've placed a
> fieldset element that will act as a kind of navigation.  Problem is, in
> IE the fieldset fails to display within the frame.  Why?  I've been
> tearing my hair out with it for over an hour.

I can't answer this exactly, except to say that you're abusing the
fieldset element.  Fieldset is a structural element for forms, not a
layout tool.  You should be using a div, which your document suggests
that you're comfortable with.

Also, your page does not validate due to invalid charset.  Probably
unrelated to the question at hand, but something you should take care of
if you want to validate your markup - which is always a Good Idea.

--
Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/