[thelist] Site Review - http://wizardev.ca/

Tyme newsgroups at no-pun.com
Wed Jun 1 14:49:42 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Minh Lee Goon" <evolt at goonies.info>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] Site Review - http://wizardev.ca/

> Michele Foster - WizarDev wrote:
>>
>> So, here it is ... http://wizardev.ca/

> Michele, I really like the site. It is certainly well done. I do have a
> couple of recommendations for minor changes. I would remove the top and
> bottom margins and make them 0px instead of 10 px. I didn't examine your
> stylesheet that closely, but I'm sure you've written it well there, too.

TYME} Was thinking that it wanted for a wee bit more top/bottom padding.

> I'd also take out your Résumé page. It just doesn't fit there. You're
> already using the rest of your site to showcase your talents. The résumé
> seems redundant and unnecessary.

TYME} I would agree.  When you are promoting your own business, Portfolio
(or Projects) seems more appropriate for showing your stuff than a resume.
Save that for trying to land a staff job somewhere.

> Also, Portfolio might be more appropriate than Projects... but that's just
> semantics.
>
> If you ignore all my comments, it's still a good site :)

TYME} It is a beautiful site!  Very clean, stylish.  Bright, vibrant. Love
the shorter flower graphic at bottom to give nice balance.  ...Great example
of how CSS can be used effectively.