[thelist] Site Review - http://wizardev.ca/

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Thu Jun 2 16:30:33 CDT 2005

Message from Brian Cummiskey (6/2/2005 04:11 PM)

>To play the counter point on a couple items here....
>
>M. Seyon wrote:
>
>>First off, the compliments, that it's a lovely site, great use of colour.
>>Purples really are unusual, so it does stand out. And the flowers in the
>>header are a wonderful touch.
>
>What if I was looking at having a sports or beer site (or some other
>"manly" topic) made?  The purple and flowers would probably turn me off
>instantly, and i'd look for someone else who is less "girly" or "springy"
>for lack of better terms.
>
>It's your choice on who you target, of course.  IMO, it would be
>1800-flower's dream designer, but espn would probably shudder and move
>on.  So, the question remains--  WHO or what group are you trying to
>target with the purple and flowers?  If you feel that this will target the
>desired clients, by all means.

Brian I'm disagreeing here. I don't see purple and flowers meaning that
Michele is all about being girly and springy. I see her effectively
combining those two elements, graphic and colour. And I have no doubt that
if the topic in question were basketballs and shades of orange, she'd come
up with something just as effective.

I agree with most everything else you had to say. But that's probably
because you were agreeing with me in the first place :p

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/