[thelist] Site Review - http://wizardev.ca/

Michele Foster - WizarDev michele at wizardev.ca
Fri Jun 3 09:33:40 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "ben morrison" <morrison.ben at gmail.com>

> <code>
> <h1>Project Descriptions</h1>

> <h3>Other Projects</h3>
> </code>
>
> You have a h3 underneath a h1, Ive been doing this for years as well,
> but a h3 should follow a h2.

Yes, generally speaking I would agree.  However, in this case, it's not a
heading within the "traditional" flow of the doucment, and really, probably
shouldn't be a heading at all, in HTML terms.  It's a heading on a sidebar,
which HTML doesn't allow for specifically.  IMHO, lacking in HTML is the
ability to have other headings, ones that would not form a part of a
traditional Table of Contents, in a document, but still be "headings" and
perhaps used in indices, or in a List of Tables, Figures, sidebars, or
whatever.

Within the content of my pages, the heading tags are in order, h1, h2, h3 ..
but the sidebars, floated content, is not.

> <code>
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/includes/wizardev.css" />
> </code>
>
> Im unsure of this myself - does the stylesheet need media=screen?

I don't think it's needed, and it's not just screen, it's used for the print
style too, with additional info in the print style to override the main one.
Perhaps it needs a media=all, declaration?

Thanks for the comments Ben.

Mich