[thelist] Link status changes after a page loads? Apple.com example

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Sat Jun 4 09:02:57 CDT 2005

Hello People:

   For the past month I've been browsing Apple's website because I'm
about to purchase a powerbook and want to get upto speed with Tiger.

   Today I was at their documentation website and noticed a neat feature.

   If you click on this link ( http://tinyurl.com/7t7ol ) you will
notice a menu on the left and content on the right.  If you click on any
link on the left, *after* the page loads on the right, the link turns to
bold.  Like an addional indicator that the page is done loading.

   At first I thought this was a just a:visited thing.  But on all the
pages that I know of, the link changes color immediately, not after the
page linked has done loading.

   Very neat, but how did they do it?  Maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Regards,
Burhan