[thelist] Where's the space coming from ?

Michele Foster - WizarDev michele at wizardev.ca
Tue Jun 7 02:35:10 CDT 2005

Hi all ...

I suspect that I might just be over tired ... and am completely missing the
obvious here. :)

But, this is driving me batty, and I can't find the culprit.

http://tinyurl.com/aujlk

The problem is most notable if one changes their text size to largest in IE,
but the problem is there at all sizes, just not as noticeable.  What I can't
figure out, is where the extra padding/margin at the top of each of the main
navigation items, is coming from.

See how the hover isn't as nice in IE?  There's a gap, and when at larger
font size, it's obvious something is wrong ... I just don't know what. :)
FF is displaying it fine,  how I would expect.  It's IE6 on Win2K that's
giving me grief.

There's a slight similar problem on hover with the Family Ties box on the
right too.

It's as if IE is adding padding/margin to the border ... I have no idea at
this point.

TIA,
Mich
(Yes, the client insists on px fonts on the navigation, I know it's wrong,
I've argued it with them, they insist, so, please, let's not argue about
that. :)

Michele Foster
Web Design and Development Solutions
mailto:michele at wizardev.ca