[thelist] Event listener is deaf in Safari

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Tue Jun 7 17:33:26 CDT 2005

"J.J.SOLARI" <jjsolari at pobox.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some Web application based on event listenening [...]
> With all target browsers, clicking anywhere on a <li> would perform
> as intended.  But Safari behaves differently [...]
> the event doesn't bubble up to the parent [...]
> Is it a Safari bug, or am I missing something?

Here is an excellent article that details the event handling differences
between the various browser event models, with emphasis on making your
stuff Safari-compatible:

  Supporting Three Event Models
  http://developer.apple.com/internet/webcontent/eventmodels.html

...but of *course* it emphasizes on making stuff Safari-compatible --
it's written by Apple! :-)

-dave