[thelist] Bookmarklet and new windows and popup blockers

Sutherland, Paul Paul.Sutherland at ccc.govt.nz
Mon Jun 13 19:26:19 CDT 2005

I want to create a bookmarklet that will open in a new window
I am trying to hack one i found at http://www.propellernet.co.uk/login/
(e.g. search google)
However i have a google toolbar (of course), and so when I invoke the
bookmarklet (by selecting text) the new window is stopped by the popup
blocker.

My javascript knowledge is low but I guess the issue is around
window.open - so I would apreciate any suggestions (or solutions)

The actual bookmarklet is

javascript:Qr=document.selection.createRange().text;if(!Qr){void(Qr=prom
pt('Keywords...',''))}if(Qr)void(window.open('http://google.com/search?q
uery='+escape(Qr)+'&num=10'));

Thanks in advance

/paul

This electronic email and any files transmitted with it are intended
The views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Christchurch
City Council.

If you are not the correct recipient of this email please advise the
sender and delete.

Christchurch City Council
http://www.ccc.govt.nz